- About this course and press coverage of the course.
- Need to contact Prof. Johnson? Email email@example.com
- Course Portal - http://socialmedia.mis.temple.edu/
- Course Instructor Blog - http://socialmedia.mis.temple.edu/profjohnson13s/
- Course Student Participation Hub - http://socialmedia.mis.temple.edu/community13s/
- MIS Community Gradebook - https://community.mis.temple.edu/gradebook/ (and explanation of)
- Class Capture Directory
- Document – Spring 2013 MIS3538 Syllabus – Johnson (see link at bottom of page)
- Course Structure
- Course materials
- Grading and Policies
- Group Assignments
- Individual Term Paper Assignment
- Schedule of class meetings and due dates
- Weekly Topics and Reading Assignments
- Create a new blog on this server
- List of blogs on this server (includes multiple semesters)
- List of all users on this server (includes multiple semesters)
- List of achievements
- Spring 2013 assigned reading (by week)
- Spring 2013 guest speaker schedule
- Spring 2013 student tweets
- Fall 2012 group project videos
- Discussion Question Schedule (and sign-up) - when you will post a discussion question at the Participation Hub
- In-class Presentation Schedule (and sign-up) – when you make a brief in-class presentation about your blog
- Google course calendar
- Traffic Report #1 Instructions
- Milestone Report 1 Template
- Traffic Report 2 Template
- Milestone Report 2 Template
- Active Activity List - required and “self-paced” activities to complete
- Activity Submission Form - submit completed activities here
- SETUP.BLOGCREATE: Create Blog Activity
- SETUP.CONFIG: Configure Your Blog (due by 2/21/13)
- SETUP.GANALYTICS: Google Analytics Setup
- CONTENT.SANDBOX: Demonstrate formatting mastery with sandbox page (due by 2/14/13)
- CONTENT.WELCOME: A Welcome Post
- NETWORK.TWITTER1: Getting started with Twitter (due by 2/21/13)
- CONTENT.INFO1: First individual infographic (due by 3/7/13)
- CONTENT.INFO2: Second individual infographic (due by 4/11/13)
Your Choice Activities
Choose among these to meet the quota of additional activities:
- CONTENT.ANIMATION: Create an animation and embed in a blog post.
- CONTENT.BKREVIEW: Review a social media related book.
- CONTENT.INTERVIEW1: Interview a Social Media Professional
- CONTENT.INTERVIEW2: Interview a 2nd Social Media Professional
- CONTENT.VIDEO: Create a video and embed it in a blog post
- NETWORK.EVENT1: Blog About a Social Media Event
- NETWORK.EVENT2: Cover a 2nd Social Media Event
- NETWORK.TWITTER2: Going further with Twitter.
- SETUP.BLOGROLL: Set Up Your Blogroll
- SETUP.SHARE: Configure blog to show social sharing buttons (like FB, G+, Twitter, etc.) on each blog post.
- SETUP.TFOLLOW: Add twitter follow button to your blog.
- Fair Use: Credit where credit is due: sourcing words and images
- Skill-Building Activities at Temple: Develop your skills and build your career
- What did this page looked like at the end of the Fall, 2012 semester? Here’s the archive.