So there are lots of at-home-remedies around the world, claiming solutions to many different physical ailments. I’m going to go through a few of them and let you check out the truth to them!
1. I’ll start with one that many are very familiar with – Chicken Soup. This is the popular go-to meal when you’re sick. Some people even swear by their own recipes!
2. In Native American culture, bee stings are combated with crushed garlic wrapped in cloth. By rubbing the garlic filled cloth onto the sting, the pain is neutralized and causes immediate relief.
3. With the spring season upon us, here’s a good one to note from the Germans: rub apple cider vinegar on your sunburn! Apparently the alkaline nature of vinegar provides relied. I don’t get sun burnt, but I think I’d rather take my chances with aloe if I had a choice.
4. To fight off acne and facial blemishes, South Africans recommend using a honey and ground cinnamon mixture on your face and leaving it there overnight. Cinnamon acts as an anti-inflammatory, reducing redness and irritation.
5. We all get headaches every now and again and here’s how the Chinese deal with them – They wrap hardboiled eggs (peeled) in cloth and rub it all over their head, face, neck and back
These are just a few of many at-home remedies! I think it’s pretty neat that every culture has found their own solution to such common problems.