This post is going to be a little different from my usual ones. I came across a pin on Pinterest about 50 pieces of clothing that can change your wardrobe and I thought it was really interesting. There’s three parts to this clothes, shoes, and accessories. So this post will be on clothes. The writer focuses on each section and essential “must-have” pieces in your closet. But, they don’t include pictures or examples of any of the articles of clothing. Many people might not know what some of these pieces look like, so I thought I would add some pictures for everyone from inexpensive stores. I also took out some pieces that I didn’t feel were essentials. I thought this was really fun and I hope you enjoy!
Find the full list in the original article. You can read the original article here!
1. A pair of dark wash skinny jeans. This is definitely an essential for me, especially for the fall. I would recommend a pair of black skinny jeans as well I love the dark washes at PacSun and American Eagle. Cheap and the perfect fit.
2. The chambray top.
Photo Credit: PacSun
If you don’t know what a chambray top is, its a really big trend this year. It’s pretty much a denim button up shirt. I have one from PacSun and its perfect for the fall with a pair of leggings. Definitely an essential. (Find it here). Shown on the right.
3. The striped long sleeve. Check out Old Navy. (Find it here).
4. A black boyfriend blazer. Shown below (Find it here).
Photo Credit: Tilly’s
5. A pair of colored jeans. Definitely need a few pairs of colored jeans in your closet. Pick the right colors and they can work for any season.
6. The LBD (Little Black Dress)
7. Leather Jacket. I can’t stress enough how much I love having a leather jacket in my wardrobe. I spent a long time trying to find the perfect one and I finally did at Macy’s. It’s so versatile, I can dress anything up with it for a night out or dress it down for class or something. Make sure you pick the right one. Some look a little cheap, so you want one that is well made and fashionable. Check out Macy’s, I got mine on sale for $30, originally over $100. So it was well made and super classy.
8. Jean Jacket. There are pages and pages of affordable jean jackets at Forever 21 (Find it here).
9. A pair of cut off denim shorts. Duh.
10. The perfect white t-shirt. (Find it here).
11. A great day dress. I think day dresses are great. I love having them in my closet to throw on for class or for those hot summer days when you just don’t want to wear shorts again. Here are a few of my favorites this season:
Tobi: Hallowed Garden Dress $24 (Find it here).
PacSun: Mix ‘N it Up Dress $39.50 (Find it here).
Photo Credit: Tobi
Photo Credit: PacSun
12. A big chunky sweater. Yes. Yes. Yes. You always need a chunky sweater, if not many chunky sweaters. These are so easy to throw on with leggings and pair of boots in the fall. If you pick a lighter sweater you could even wear it with a pair of denim shorts in the spring. Must have.
13. A striped blazer
14. The “I’m sexy and I know it” dress
15. A pencil skirt. This is something I don’t yet own. I figured once I step into the real world I would probably buy a pencil skirt as a part of my new work wardrobe. I think this is a good piece to have even if you are not in professional environment. Pencil skirts can be perfect to dress up for any occasion.
16. Pea coat jacket. DKNY Short Double Breasted Peacoat Women’s Coat. Shown below
Photo Credit: DKNY
17. Fun winter jacket. Check out Macy’s, all their winter jackets are usually on sale now.
18. strapless nude bra. Self explanatory.
19. no show underwear. Again self explanatory and a must.
Are these in your closet? Stay tuned for more posts on essential wardrobe pieces!