In Focus: Going Further with Twitter (NETWORK.TWITTER2)
For the second Twitter activity you are required to fulfill all of the requirements for the first (NETWORK.TWITTER1) activity and also:
- Make at least 10 tweets in the week prior to submitting NETWORK.TWITTER2
- Gain at least 10 new followers in the week prior to submitting this activity.
- Have at least one tweet that uses a hashtag (e.g., #MIS3538).
Here are some hints on ways to gain new followers:
- Add your twitter URL to your email signature and also promote it on Facebook or other social networks that you are active in.
- If your recent tweets and bio look interesting to someone, they are likely to follow you back after you follow them.
- Coordinate with other students in this course and offer to exchange follows.
- Interact with other people on twitter through RTs, @mentions, or @replies. This often gets other Twitter users attention and they are more likely to follow you then.
There’s also lots of resources on the web about how to grow a Twitter following.
Activity Completion Criteria
To complete this activity:
- Submit an Activity Completion Form of type NETWORK.TWITTER2 with the URL of your twitter account.
Image credit: Steven L. Johnson, license: CC BY-SA